Monday, March 29, 2010

Rocking

This past weekend our daughter pulled out a rocking chair from the guest bedroom and has had a blast rocking in it.  She had a blanket covering her lap at first so she looked like a little old lady in her rocking chair=-)  The rocker was a gift to me from my grandparents on my mom's side when I was little.  The rocker has a distinct knocking noise that it makes that I hadn't remembered until she was rocking in it and it brought back memories of rocking in it when I was little.  I had this rocking chair in my room growing up, it had a ugly woven cushion on the seat and whatever doll or stuffed animal I decided needed to sit in it.  My sister also had a rocking chair given to her. My parents have kept this tradition going by giving their Grandchildren child sized rocking chairs also, only they are caned because that is a hobby that my dad enjoys doing.  These rockers are more for looks than to rock in.


No comments: