Monday, February 8, 2010

Puzzled

The winter months can get long and there isn't always a lot of new TV at night either.  I love doing jigsaw puzzles and time seems to fly when I am working on them.  The kids like to try and work on it with me also, although my patience doesn't last long and they get bored quickly with it.  I also discovered that my husband and I have two completely differently ways of working on puzzles, which I am not sure work too well together!  I like to find a part in the puzzle and then find all the pieces that may go to that part and then work on putting them all together, once that is done I pick out the next spot etc.  My husband on the other hand will pick up a piece, study the box to see where it may go and then put it there and then pick up another random piece and try to see where it may go, so puzzle pieces are randomly placed on the table with no real match around it, hogging my work area=-)

I found a 3-D puzzle on clearance at the store a few weeks back for $6 originally $20!  It was 1000 pieces so I thought I would give it a try.  Here is the finished product and then the 3D version is below.  It's hard to see it on the computer but it really looks cool.  It came with gold colored paint but we aren't going to paint it because I am not sure I will be able to pass it on to someone else to enjoy if we do.




Well it was a good challenge, and now I am glad I finished it so I can start on the next one.

What do you do to pass the time during the winter months?

No comments: