Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Being Crafty

The other day I was reading It's The Little Things That Make a House a Home blog about decorating candles using Espon Salt and Mod Podge.  The steps were really simple so I decided to give it a try and depending on how they turned out give them as teacher gifts.  I ventured out to Michael's Craft store and found the candles 50% off, I would of preferred the medium sized ones over the large pillars but they were sold out so I grabbed what was left and made my way to CVS to find Epson Salt.  Once home I unwrapped the candles, painted the Mod Podge around the edge, rolled it in Epson Salt and placed them on a drying rack to dry over night.  The next day I wrapped ribbon around each one and embellished the candle with beads and wire.  The candles turned out pretty nice!  I hope the teachers like them and don't hate me for the Epson salt the falls off a little!


Happy Crafting!

No comments: