Friday, July 25, 2008

What a Week

This week was a busy one. I started out with Saturday (or is that wrapping up last week?) with running 10 miles. Jason rode the bike pulling the kids in the bike carrier. He started about 5 minutes behind me. I ran about 2.5 miles and he still hadn't caught up. I waited a little while at the stop sign and decided to turn around and head back to the house thinking I would find him before I got to the house. It turns out that Jason didn't see me (not sure how this is possible since the rode is straight the majority of the way) and turned around as well. I rode back to the house, to Victoria and then back to the house again. We both had gotten back to the house at the same time. After a short water break we packed the kids up and finished the last 6 miles of the run. I guess I run faster than Jason thinks.......or maybe he just bikes that slow!
Saturday night we saw The Dark Knight. It was pretty good, although I did doze off a little (I had been up since 3am with no nap) and sitting up front wasn't the highlight either!



Sunday Jason and I ran in the Raspberry Festival 5 mile run in Hopkins. It was a hot one since the race didn't start till 11:30. It was fun running through hoses and finishing down the parade route.




Ryan started A Taste of Kindergarten on Monday as well as Vacation Bible School. He came home fired up after VBS, he had a blast.

We finally rested today (Friday). Tomorrow starts for another busy week. The run for tomorrow morning is 11 miles, ugh. Oh, I forgot to mention that I bought a new gadget last week. The Garmin Forerunner! It's a GPS that tracks how many miles I have run, my heart rate, calories, speed etc. no more guessing how far I have gone.

1 comment:

Swanson Family said...

love the updates. Kepp running, you look great and hte marathoin will be NOTHING!