Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another Half Completed

This past weekend I ran my second Half Marathon of the year.  I participated in the Minneapolis Half Marathon on June 6th.  Last year I ran the full marathon so I somewhat knew what to expect and was very thankful at the turn around point that I didn't have to keep going!  I struggled with my training since the Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon at the beginning of May.  The most I ran was 6 miles at one time because I pulled something in my hip so I knew the run was going to be a challenge.   (On a side note, despite my sore hip, I did participate in running 100 miles during the month of May with a bunch of runners for the Chaska Community Center.)  The day turned out to be a great day for a run, it started out sunny and then turned to overcast making it not too hot.  I finished in 2 hours 29 minutes.  This was definitely not my best time but I am happy with it!

My best friend, Dee, and her boyfriend, Chad, also ran in the half marathon as well.  This was their first half marathon and I am so proud of them both, they did a great job!

After the race, both of us thinking thank God that is over!  Check out our awesome medals!  We also got great finisher running shirts!

My cheering crew!


No comments: