Sunday, September 7, 2008

Long Run

Yesterday I ran my longest run to date, 18 miles, yes 18 miles can you believe it! It was a cooler day, but very dry and I could tell. I instantly needed water. I had to stop at every drinking fountain I could find, which slowed down my time. Without the waterstops I did pretty well with a pace of 5.8 miles per hour. Not the fastest time, but it is a good time for me. I am happy to say that I made the entire 18 miles, but I was/am in some serious pain. I got blisters on my toes and overall my legs are just really sore. I think I am really sore because I have been running on the treadmill instead of on the road. I think I need to try and get outside more......but finding the time is the hard part! Only one more 18 mile run left and then the run distances drastically drop off.

The marathon is less than a month away!

No comments: